Recently I wrote about your mind and emotions which are a form of communication used to guide you through life. The reason it’s vital to understand is that with it you can gain access to everything you need.
The best ways to relax your mind covers each technique that will assist you in this process. When you are stressed out and trying to perform a difficult task it’s not going to be the best you have to offer.
That isn’t how the mind responds to things, instead, stress will lead to feelings of doubt, frustration, anger, and bewilderment. It’s because your mind isn’t showing you everything that is useful, instead, it’s showing you only what it believes to be helpful based on that stress.
The problem that occurs for most people is to screw things up and make unusual mistakes. That is due to the previous ways you have handled stress before.
What you will want to do instead, is to be able to step away from your stress and find anything that will relax you so that your choices will become better.
Another way to say that is once you learn to practice one or more of the methods I will show you, it will be simple to relax and make better decisions.
But before you get started there are a few things I want to make certain you are aware of. That is how you will benefit in the many different ways possible by removing your fear, anxiety, stress, and doubts.
Not only will these be able to assist you with those, it will also create a higher amount of confidence in everything you already do. That will be extremely helpful as you continue to grow and work on your amazing transformations.
How Relaxation Techniques Benefit Your Mind
First, what is a relaxation technique and how will it be used to reduce your levels of stress? Breathing in a controlled sequence is one way you will be able to train yourself to reduce the amount of stress you feel.
It’s the one I practice most often because it’s really simple and effective, plus you will be able to do it anywhere you are whenever you need a quick way to relax.
Why does it work? This is because the more you control your body, the easier it is for your mind to notice there isn’t anything dangerous around you. That means you will not be afraid, you will not be worried about something, and you will also learn how to be in complete control of your thoughts.
When you are in control of yourself, there is less reason for you to experience anxiety or fear and it reinforces to your mind that you know exactly what to do so you will not need the complex assistance your mind scrambles to provide you.
To say that in a way that relates, you will practice taking deep breaths, holding it for a few seconds, and then allow for your body to let go of your tense feelings as your breath is released.
Repetition is the way for you to practice doing it and that will happen each time you meditate. So you feel that same way every time you do it in the future. Needless to say, don’t try to do these techniques while you are being distracted so that you don’t pick up any bad habits.
Make a connection with meditation in a spot that is quiet, distraction-free and away from your problems. By the way, this is also how hypnosis can be used for relaxation.
Instead of meditation, you use self-hypnosis to connect one experience with your current hectic situation to balance your mind out and to relax. An example is to use a memory about being at the beach, when you learn to bring that memory to your consciousness it will trigger those same feelings.
That way you will feel like you are at the beach and not be as stressed out. Hypnosis lets you experience the same wonderful feelings from a different event and make that connection with a hectic one.
Instead of visualizing yourself at the beach you actually have taught your mind to replace the feelings which refresh and relax you instead of what is actually going on. This way you can look at the situation with a clear mindset instead of one that is pressured.
How this benefits your mind is that you can clear out all the noise that is happening and focus completely on the tasks at hand. This will teach you that fear is nothing, stress is nothing, and to be confident in knowing you are the key to controlling your life in every situation.
What are the different relaxation techniques?
There are around nine of them in total so you will be able to learn each of them and figure out which one works the best in your situation. These include:
- Avoid trying to take on more than one task at a time – When you are jumping from task to task you are using too much energy and mixing up where your focus is at. That means you view one thing but think about the other which interrupts the quality of both.
- Become capable of changing your location – Stress is contagious, the more chaos that is happening around you the more stressed out you will become. By being capable of immediately leaving that location and going to another quieter space, you gain a new perspective. This doesn’t have to be for long periods of time either, just a five-minute break so that you can clear your mind.
- Clear the clutter from where you are at – When you have a mess on your desk, your mind loses its ability to focus. When this happens in the places you are at most often your mind will become disorganized and stressed out. Practice the rule about putting everything in its place and having a place where everything goes.
- Deep Breathing – This is the one I mentioned earlier that you can use while you meditate or at anytime after. Just by controlling the pace of your breath because by slowing it down your mind also stops trying to match its pace. That means instead of trying to solve a thousand little things it can focus on the big problem at hand.
- Explore the use of phrases – Repeat the phrase I am going to relax now over and over. Or you can simply repeat the word relax while using deep breathing. Your mind will develop the correct conditions you are trying for when you practice using phrases.
- Focus on each of your body parts – One by one you can start to think about your individual parts like your hands, feet, legs, knees, hips, abdominals, shoulders, chest, fingers, toes, neck, esophagus, face, eyes, forehead, cheeks, scalp, back of your head, and so on. Then while focusing on each part you will practice allowing it to relax or commanding it to relax by first flexing each part and releasing.
- Guided meditation or simple meditations – The simple way to meditate is to practice thinking about nothing, but to assist you with that process a guided meditation will help you to get used to doing it. When you can sit in complete quietness you gain the ability to relax without the use of anything else.
- Hypnosis – Once you learn how you can practice self-hypnosis you will be able to go into a trance at will. This will create the ability to channel whatever you wish to use. Every pleasurable experience you have ever felt can be used to connect one hellish environment too. By doing so you will actually change your thoughts and behavior to gain more focus and have more energy to complete your tasks.
- Informational visualizations – These are useful because you will picture yourself at the beach instead of just thinking about how wonderful it is to be there. You will be able to walk around smelling the air, sit back and enjoy the warm sunlight and do anything else you love to do.
There are the nine ways you can use to practice relaxation when you are able to guide your own mind to do these things and any combinations of them, you will have no more need to stress yourself out.
The Key To Developing A Better Mind
When you become more capable of understanding how your mind works, it will lead you toward the skills that are the best fit. With more choices at your disposal, it becomes easier to make the quick decisions necessary to transform and change your life.
These relaxation techniques can and will be an additional resource that will help you shape the confidence you gain. Only by developing a confident mind will you find that you are able to experience little stress and loads of joy.
Whether you learn them all and use them or just one and make it the best, you will know what the best ways to relax your mind are.
For any questions or comments please leave them below and keep coming back to continue learning more wonderful things.